My So-called Life

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Arizona...FINALLY!

I'M FINALLY IN ARIZONA!!!

I got here around 5pm.

I checked out the hotel of the hotel in Ashburn around 7 this morning. I had to be at the airport by 8 cause my flight to Long Beach leaves at 10 am. I figured getting there two hours before my flight would be enough time for me to return my car rental, check in for my flight and go through the security check.

I got to my gate around 40 minutes before my flight. Spent the time tinkering with my laptop and working for a while. Yeah...I work too much...but apparently to some people...I don't do my job...but that's going into another whole issue.

My flight left on time. It takes four hours to get to Long Beach from Washington. With the time difference and all I was in Long Beach by half past noon. When I got to Long Beach, I had to get my luggage from the baggage claim and check in for my flight to Arizona. The only thing that was going through my head then was...'just a few more hours and I'm going to be in Arizona with my cousins'.

I had a 3 hour stop on Long Beach. It was a good thing that the airport, despite its size, had wifi. That pretty much kept me occupied while waiting for my flight. The flight to Arizona from Long Beach was about an hour. My cousin and aunt picked me up from the airport. When my cousin and I saw each other, we were like teenagers...we were squealing like crazy. I guess that's what happens if you don't see each other for five or so years.

'Nough about that...the thing is I'm in Arizona now and that's the only thing that matters. It feels so good to see my cousins again. I'm sure we are gonna have a blast.

Oh yeah...it was about 107 degrees in Arizona when I got off the plane...good thing I brought a whole lot of light clothes with me.

Hmmm...I think I might have to work my first night here...but the fact that I'm with my cousins sorta makes up for it.

P.S. My aunt knows me too well...when we got to the house there was a pack of strawberries waiting for me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home