My So-called Life

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Greenville, South Carolina

Got to the airport around 7 am. I dropped off the car at the rental office. I was waiting for Brian but he was stuck in traffic. I decided to check in at the airport first.

I got to the check in counter and had a slight problem. The reservations were made for "Joy Amurao" and not for "Genevieve Amurao". Luckily, the girl at the counter was nice and allowed me to check in despite the difference in the reservation name. She told me that it would be a courtesy check in and I should fix the reservation for my return flight. I had to call the person who reserved the tickets for me to change the name. It was sorta funny. Anyway, they got everything fixed.

I basically slept through the whole flight to Washington. It was a 4-5 hour flight. With the time difference and all, it was past 4pm when we got to Washington. We were taking another flight to get to Greenville. We had to walk all the way to the baggage claim area, get our bags, check in (in another airline), go through the security check and walk all the way back to the boarding gate.

It was kinda tiring. We could have taken the shuttle but we decided to get some exercise and just walk. We had about a 3 hour wait before out flight leaves for Greenville. Brian and I stayed near the departure gate. We worked for awhile. I got tired and read my book instead.

Around 6pm, it started raining. Apparently, there was a storm. Our flight was delayed because they had to get the crew out of the grounds for safety reasons. Our flight left around 8 pm and we got here in South Carolina between 9-10pm.

We're checked in at the Hilton hotel. Its getting pretty late. I should really be getting to sleep. I have to be up pretty early. Problem is I slept pretty much the whole time in both flights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home