Still no connection…
I left the office early today thinking that when I get home I could sit on the comfortable sofa just outside my room, listen to music and just type away. Unfortunately, when I got home, internet connection was still down and just to top it all off the two phone lines we have here at home both aren’t working. Ok my mistake, my phone line is working someone just left the extension phone off the hook that's why there wasn't any dial tone. It's a good thing we still have a dial up account. :)
Oh, just a follow up of our Friday night out. Apparently, people had a blast during our Friday night out especially the guys. Hmmm…I wonder why…;) take a look at the pictures below and I'm sure you’ll understand why. Don’t get me wrong, the girls also had a blast but I’m sure the guys enjoyed it a little bit more than we did. Hopefully, we’ll get to do it again soon.



Anyway, enough of friday night. I decided to read a friend’s blog as recommended by another friend. After reading the blog, it amazed me at how much optimism, gratefulness and contentment a person can have in his life. I definitely know that I can still count the number of times in my entire life that I was contended with what I had. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for everything that I have. I live a very comfortable life and I know I’ve had more than my share of blessings but there are just times that I still feel that there’s something missing. It’s kinda ironic me having these thoughts and feelings…when I was in grade school I got the lead role in a play entitled “The Contended Princess” (<- pictures and videos of which have been buried and will never ever be found). Eventually, I’m thinking, I will find both happiness and contentment. I think I know how I’ll reach that point but as always there’s a “but” which for know I think I’ll keep to myself.
As with any regular day, I was listening to my mp3s. The lyrics of this one song stuck to my mind. You’re probably thinking that I have the case of the last song syndrome but the funny thing is it wasn’t the last song that I heard for the day. Anyway, the part that totally stuck with me goes like this:
Is why I'm feeling so bad now?
When I know it was my idea
I could've just denied the truth and lied
Now why am I the only one standing stranded on the same ground?
It’s not that I regret the decisions or choices that I’ve made. I tried to deny it but that didn’t really work out for anyone. I was finally honest and I thought that everything would be better but as the song says…what I don’t understand is why there are times that I feel…I can’t find the proper word for it. Anyway, I could have just denied it and lied...but I didn't and I know that's a good thing.
I just wish...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home