My So-called Life

Friday, April 29, 2005

The Cosmic Wheel

Sometimes you're on top. Sometimes you're at the bottom. Well for the past couple of months that's where I've been...at the bottom of the deepest pit. It was as if ther was no possibility of me getting out of there. It would just get deeper and deeper each day. The only time that I would feel that there is even the slightest or remotest possibility of me getting out of that pit is when my friends would talk and/or spend time with me. Thanks to this person I was able to finally be honest with myself. Getting out of the pit had a lot more complications than I thought it would.

Days turned into months with nothing happening to better my situation or what I felt. Turned to work to fill up whatever sadness or hollowness I felt. Me working my a** off eventually paid off (I think). I was awarded "Employee of the Quarter" today. I guess I should be happy but I'm not. I guess I should also be happy because I made it to the Dean's List this term despite the numerous absences. I should also be happy because there is a possibility of me going to the US for "training". Honestly, I'm not.

A friend told me that I should be happy with all the "blessings" I've received. I should be on top of the world right now. Yeah, probably I am about a couple of degrees away from being on the top of the world. There's still something missing. The people I thought who were suppose to be happy for me didn't even say anything. That one thing that I know will really make me happy...well its still up in the air. I really thought it didn't matter but I guess it does even in some little way. I'm thinking I'll eventually get over it.

I decided to make the best out of whatever was left of the day. I went with people from work to Jaymi's (formerly Dencio's) at the Fort. Had dinner and a drink (<- designated driver). I had to settke for ripe mango shakes after my one drink for the rest of the night. We played a round of mini golf (<- don't think I will ever get the hang of golf). Despite the heat, we had a blast. Boyetter lost his golf ball. He had to play the rest of the holes borrowing whichever golf ball was available. At the end of the game, I lost to the three guys (Augs, Sherwin and Boyette) which isn't so bad cause I sorta saw it coming. We saw a foozeball table and decied to have a go at it. We did two rounds. It was a draw. Nobody wanted to play another round so we decided to get back to the table. Here are some pictures from dinner.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We left Jaymi's and headed to Starbucks for a nightcap. It was freezing in Starbucks. After five minutes of sitting there, I started to get a headache. Hot one minute and cold the next (hmmm...kinda reminds of me of...) really isn't good for the body. We ended up gossiping about who was dating who in Hollywood and what the latest was in American Idol. We finished our drinks and eventually headed home.

Tomorrow is another day. Maybe tomorrow I'll get closer to being on top of the world. Maybe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home