My So-called Life

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Time to sober up

Our parents aren’t home. They left for a place called Abatan early Saturday morning. So us kids are left all alone to fend for ourselves. I make it sound like we're gonna die or something. It isn't that bad. It's just that despite the holiday, we can’t go out partying. It’s time for me to sober up and be the big sister that I am.

It’s Sunday. It’s the town fiesta. I don’t really feel like going to town and celebrating. I think I reached my celebration quota for the weekend last Friday night. I woke up around 10 am and found my little (ok maybe he’s not so little but you get the point) brother Ian cooking breakfast. I asked him why he didn’t wake me up and all he said was that I looked tired and he wanted to surprise me by preparing breakfast. He’s such a sweet and adorable kid :).

I do have to say that Ian’s first attempt to cook bacon for breakfast was a very successful one. Although, I did take over as soon as I was wide awake. Basically, I took on the role of a cook today. I kinda miss cooking. I remember there was a time that whenever I felt bad I would go straight to my cook books and try out something new. I miss those days. Maybe, I’ll go back to doing that instead of having sleepless nights (like the ones I’ve had lately).

Tomorrow is a holiday. There’s really nothing much to do here at home. My brothers and I are planning to head to the country club in Tagaytay tomorrow. I think it’s our subtle way of telling each other that we don’t wanna do our chores at home anymore. Yeah, I know the laziness is starting to kick in. This is what happens if you’ve been doing chores for the past month and a half. Hmmm...I wonder if we'll really get to go. Knowing me and my brothers, we'll probably end up waking up late and be too lazy to go anywhere anymore.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home